Influenza Vaccination Programme
We offer free influenza vaccinations between October and January each year. You are eligible for a free flu vaccine if you are:
- over 65
- living in a residential / nursing home
- A carer
- A health or social care worker in direct contact with patients.
- If you have one of the following conditions: Asthma, COPD, bronchitis, Chronic Heart Disease, Heart Failure, Chronic Kidney Disease, Hepatitis or chronic liver disease, parkinson's disease or motor neurone disease, diabetes, problems with your spleen such as sickle cell disease or if you have had your spleen removed, HIV, AIDS, immuno-suppressed as a result of medication such as steroids or chemotherapy.
- A child aged 6 months or over with a Long Term Health Condition
- A healthy child aged 2, 3 or 4 (for children in this category only, the vaccine is given as a nasal spray).
To book an appointment for your flu jab please ring reception.
You may also be eligible for a pneumococcal vaccination if you are aged 65 or over (this is normally a one-off vaccination) or shingles vaccination if you are aged 70, 78 or 79. Your nurse will tell you during your flu consultation if you are eligible.
Information leaflets for the vaccines can be read by clicking on the links below: